Pivt User Interview Series: Harry
Introducing Pivt User Interview Series! Hear from real Pivt’ers about their experiences moving and traveling.
Where have you lived?
– New York
Favorite restaurant(s) in your home cities:
– Chi Chin (Melbourne)
– Longrain (Melbourne)
– Miss Lily’s (New York)
Must do’s in your home city:
– Watch a game of Australian Rules Footbal at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG)
– Drink (good) coffee
What was the reason for the move?
– Greater opportunity (in NYC)
– I was in Edinburgh for study abroad
What was the most difficult thing to adjust to? How did you tackle it?
– No job
– Didn’t know anyone (except my girlfriend)
-Leveraged the Australian’s in New York community to meet people and worked hard on finding a job. I also spent a lot of time with my girlfriend, her friends, and my roommates.
What are some small gestures you did to make your new city feel like home?
– Joined an Australian Rules Football league
– Joined a gym
– Got to know the city
Do you have any moving hacks you can share?
– Try and meet people in the same situation as yourself
What do you miss about your old home?
– Beach House
– (surprisingly little)